Via Nova is a recently started, modern horse clinic in Bree (Belgium). We have an MRI scan, CT scan, operating rooms (standing operations and under general anesthesia), 40 stables, grass paddocks, a horse walker and extensive facilities for orthopedic examinations (including indoor and outdoor arenas). We strive to form a supportive, caring and friendly team.
We currently offer 4 internship positions for recent graduated veterinarians looking to gain experience in equine medicine. Interns will work closely with our veterinarians and learn from the experience of Diplomate Specialists in Surgery, Diagnostic Imaging, Sports Medicine and Rehabilitation, Internal Medicine and Ophthalmology.
We encourage our interns to follow several projects of personal interest. Once a week during a “journal club” session the interns expose articles and projects that they have chosen or been working on. The interns are also welcome to attend veterinary conferences or courses that we organise at our centre free of charge.
Duration of the internship
It is a one-year program divided in 4 weekly rotations:
- Anesthesia and surgery
- Internal medicine/consultation
We work together with a B&B just a few minutes from the clinic. You can stay here together with the rest of the interns. Prices are communicated at the start.
Please contact us for more information.
- Have a diploma of Veterinary Medicine (we accept applications of final year students).
- Fluent in the English ;language. We are an international group, so we established English as our base language, but other languages as Dutch, French and German are regarded as an asset.
- We are looking for a friendly, passionate and hard-working person that values teamwork and professionalism.
- We ask potential candidates to do an externship of minimum 2 weeks.
- You will be enrolled as a fulltime employee
Applications should include
- Current CV + Motivation Letter (in English!)
- The Veterinary Medicine Diploma
- A letter of recommendation or 2 persons of reference (name, phone and e-mail address)
Please email your application to email@example.com.